New to WordPress or have no idea about the on-page SEO optimization 2020? Here we are to help you out. Today, we are going to provide you with an ultimate on-page SEO optimization 2020 guide, which will help you in ranking your website (if done right) on the first page of Google. So, without any further ado, let’s just get started with the guide on on-page SEO optimization 2020 and know everything that matters for Google.
A Quick Introduction To On-Page SEO Optimization 2020
How do you talk to your friends? Most of you will find this a very basic question. Now, if I ask you how you speak to a bot or machine? Most of you will find yourself clueless here. Well, that’s where on-page SEO comes into the picture, and that’s it does for websites.
Google rank your website based on the content you have published. Its bots come to your page, scan your contents and media, finds the intent of your content, defines right audience for your content and then ranks the page accordingly considering your competitor’s web page content.
For those who have no idea, the keyword is the term or subject of your article or content; Google users are searching for. Now, to rank better, you need to design or customize your webpage, articles and content in such a way that it meets user’s search intent. That’s what on-page SEO optimization is all about. In other words, on-page SEO optimization makes your content easy to read and understand by Google. The easier to scan or read Google will find your content, the more easily Google will rank your contents.
Overall, on-page SEO optimization is all about customizing your website, it’s content, blog pages etc. to make it Google-friendly and easy to read for search engine’s bots.
Key Facts To Note About On-Page SEO Optimization 2020
An important fact to note here is that “to rank contents on top of SERP” you need to write top-notch quality, engaging and most importantly unique posts. If there will be any plagiarism in your website content, Google will penalize your website rank will fall, and organic traffic will decrease. So, you need to take care of this fact.
Components Of On-Page SEO Optimization 2020
There are many essential components of On-Page SEO Optimization 2020, and it’s challenging to cover all those facts in one single post. So, here we are going to discuss only the basics and vital components only. However, there is nothing to worry because we are going to publish a series of contents on On-Page Optimization topic, and we will be covering all those components in depth. So, for now, let’s just focus on the basic and essential aspects of on-page optimization 2020 only.
#1 Keyword Research
This is something most people find very challenging and hard to do. Well, it’s super easy, and anyone can do it. Keyword research is all about finding the “term” people are actually searching on Google and other search engines.
Internet is flooded with tools, both free and paid ones to help you find the right keywords related to your business. Ahref, SemRush, Alexa etc. are among the best paid tools. However, if you’re not willing to spend money on keyword research, you can use free tools like Small Seo tools, Keywords Everywhere etc.
Once you get access to any of the keyword research tools, you need to enter one or two words related to your business in the search box, and the tool will show you a big list of related keywords along with its search volume, competition, and trends. Select those you think are related to your website niche, topic, and content.
#2 Primary And Secondary Keywords
If you want to rank your content for multiple keywords, start including the primary keywords and secondary keywords both in your content. The primary keyword is the exact keyword matching your article topic, and secondary keywords are the relevant keywords to your topic. You should use just one primary keywords and as many as many secondary keywords in your content.
However, don’t just fill your content with keywords. Maintain a density of 0.50% to 1% for the primary keyword, and use secondary keywords with below 0.20% density. The best practice for using secondary keywords is using them once anywhere inside the content.
Next, you need to pick the keyword that you think is more relevant to your website, and low in competition. Once you’re done with the keyword research, it’s time to use this keyword to create a killer, engaging and top-notch content revolving around that keyword.
#3 Content Is The King
Yes, content is the king. It should be top of your priority list to create top-notch quality content. Fact is you can’t imagine ranking your pages or websites on Google with having a quality and original content. Therefore, work on your content, give your best to it, keep it revolving around all aspects of the keyword you have selected and target the search intent of the audience.
#4 The Optimization
Here are a few tips on how to do the on-page optimization for your article or content:
- Keep the length of your article above 500 words. Fact is, the more your content will be in length, the better you will be able to connect with your audience, the better you will be able to cover the topic. The better Google will consider your content. For example, search for anything on Google, and you will find 3 out of the top 5 results on page will have a lengthy written post. So, the tip here is to write not less than 500 words and feel free to write a 1000 words, 15000 words. 2000 words or even 3000 words. In the end, it’s all about covering all aspects of the topic you’re writing about. Also, please note that you don’t need to write anything junk or spam just to increase the length of your article or content.
- Whatever keyword you have selected should be mentioned in the first 100 words of your content. This gives Google the idea about what your content is talking about.
- Insert your keywords in H1. H2, H3, and H4 headings. Of course, if you’re writing lengthy articles, you must break down your content in sections using a heading. Next, to help Google understand that the headings are covering the related aspects of the topic, put your keyword there in headings. For example, if the topic is “On-Page SEO Optimization 2020” and you can create H2, H3, or H4 heading by adding “How To DO On-Page SEO Optimization 2020.”
- Don’t overuse the keywords in your content, or you will make the content look more like spam in the eyes of Google. Maintaining keyword density anything between 0.50% to 1% is good. Use your keywords in the headings, and relevantly wherever required in the content. It’s essential to keep keyword insertion natural and relevant.
**Strictly, Don’t Over-Optimize Your Content With Multiple Keywords**
- Link to other reputed resources on Google. Google also counts external links in your content as a ranking factor. So, always link to other reputed websites wherever possible. For example, when talking about SEO, you will talk about SEO tools for sure. So, when talking about the SEO tools, you can link some top-notch tools and other resources in your article. If you are linking to other useful resources, Google will give you bonus points for this. So, don’t hesitate and just do it.
- Use images and videos for a better explanation. Google loves media-rich contents. So, wherever you think, adding an image or video will add value, just do it. Google ranks media-rich contents always on the top because users find media-rich content more engaging and easy to understand.
- Write meta description relevant to your article and include your keyword in it. The meta description is what appears below the title of your article on Google, and it gives a quick insight to the user that what’s included inside the content. So, do it the right way, right punchy meta description and include your keyword in it.
- Link to your other posts. This is what we call internal link-building, By doing this right, you can promote your previous related articles to the present audience, and this will also reduce the bounce rate of your website. Internal link building adds value not only to your new articles but also the old published articles. Therefore, do this as well. The best practice to do this is linking to only those contents that have something similar topic discussed which you have not talked in-depth in the new article.
So, that’s the basic guide on on-page SEO optimization 2020. We hope you enjoyed reading it and it has helped you. If there’s any question, just let us know in the comment section. We will be happy to help you. So, that’s all for now. Do follow The Website Dev for more such posts and guides on search engine optimization and web development related resources. Thanks for being here and reading this post.